Monday, May 30, 2011

Free furniture - 4 drawer chest

On Friday I got an SMS from my friends "hi, we have a set of drawers/filing cabinet cluttering up our lounge room. would you like them?"

....umm  YES PLEASE!!



I immediately jumped in the car and raced over there to load this beauty up.  Aren't I lucky to have such generous friends who think of me! Viv and Shan, thanks so much!

I had sold the vintage turquoise sideboard last week, so I thought I'd paint this one turquoise also. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Photos below of it in my space at the Balmain Road Antiques Centre. For sale $450. Fantastic storage for tight spaces.




I also sold the pink vanity yesterday to a lovely family who then sent me the photo below of it all in place in their little girl's room.  Doesn't this look sweet! 


I love meeting the people who buy my furniture and knowing that they are happy with their purchase and with what I've done. It's so rewarding!

Tomorrow I'll post about our dinner on Saturday night at a fantastic Italian restaurant and what my husband did for me. 

Anyone else got good stories from the weekend? 

Fiona xx

6 comments:

  1. Excellent and nice drawer chest... Good looking too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the file cabinet. beautiful color and distressing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the filing cabinet Fiona. Don't tell me it was your birthday? Sandy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great looking file cabinet - especially the color! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute~ I love the color! Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Sorry if you have trouble commenting, you can always email me at lilyfieldlife@bigpond.com