Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Wedgewood" Sideboard

I'm very grateful to Christa from Stories of a House blog for the inspiration for this dresser.  I bought this sideboard from a lovely woman who was selling her house and a lot of belongings because of a divorce.  She was still very sad but I could feel her strength of character and I'm sure she'll find peace and happiness soon.


After a lot of painting,effort and worrying about small details, here is it now:








Colours are British Paints' Blue Cashmere and Porters Paint's White.
The wooden top surface has been stained walnut then waxed. The painted surfaces have also been waxed for protection. Original hardware.

For sale in my shop. Let me know if you are interested.

cheers Fiona xx



8 comments:

  1. What FUN !! You did an amazing job on transforming this piece. Love the colors ... it won't last long, I'm sure. *Becca*

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous color combo, fiona! i love that shade of blue- beautiful! and what a great unique piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I really like the colors you used together...great transformation, tomorrow I have a link party and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me? That is gorgeous! Love the two tone colors- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just beautiful! Love the pretty colors and finish~ well done! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is gorgeous! love it. i smell a feature! thanks for sharing this at my party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Piece! Fantastic Paint job! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my lord, that dresser is insane! in the best way possible. that looks flipping amazing with those colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! Sorry if you have trouble commenting, you can always email me at lilyfieldlife@bigpond.com